Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekend at Animal Resort!

It wasn’t a perfect Saturday to start with when dark clouds hovered above us. Nonetheless, we did not want to disappoint ourselves with the unpredictable weather due to global warming.

We decided to visit the animal resort at Seletar West Farmway 5. Mama gathered intelligence that it’s a resort for pets and animals and that we should be able to interact with some dogs and horses.

This is another place which I think birds won’t want to shit.. We made to our destination only after several wrong turns..

Mama and Cayden-boy at Animal resort farm!


Goats seen at the entrance of the farm


Fortunately, we met some teenagers at the farm and help us took dome photos! The auntie had warned that the horse might bite when provoked. Mama’s very concerned about it and kept a very good distance with it. So… we had our photo with the horse’s butts…

Family photo with the horse's back


An uncle introduced himself as a horse owner at turf club. According to his experiences, the horse likes people stoking their face just like how a kitten enjoys being teased at the neck. As I had always wanted to touch a horse, I chose to believe him and ignore the auntie. I never had any good impressions with aunties at the markets, food centers, especially when boarding a bus or mrt.

Stroking the horse's face - my first encounter!

I had definitely made the right choice. After first “touch”, the teenagers followed suit. Well, 大家的眼睛都是雪亮的! Who knows, I might ended in their diaries for leading them to their first encounters with a horse!

If only I own a horse... I would stroke him everyday... haha!

It was then that mama lowered her precautions and stands “a little closer” to the horse and thus we had a more decent photo!

 The horse isn't so fierce anyway.. Even mama stands close to it!

Next, we moved towards the farm keeper’s area – parrots, dogs and rabbits were kept around that area.
Mama caught by surprise when the parrot greets her with a "hello". It was such a candid shot that I was still laughing away as I typed.

"Is it you? Is it you?" Mama asks as she points her finger at me..




Mama never lets her guards down, maintaining her arm's length with the geese.

Ok, cayden-boy, this is a goose... It's harmless...

Mama teaching Cayden-boy about what she knows about peacock

Cayden-boy pointing his finger at the emu and says "Ta... ta..."

All of us enjoyed the outing at the animal resort. We would like to pay the farm another visit and hopefully, this time, we get to hug the horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment